blogs are so reasonable to start and maintain that it is almost silly not to add the creation of one to your marketing mix. They don’t require you to learn HTML or to hire a designer or developer.
9. Search engines will find your blog, much faster than your website. Search engines index your ongoing knowledge sharing from your posts (entries). A blog should be full of activity, constantly updating with fresh information, key terms and search terms in your “permalinks” creating more ways for the search engine “spiders” to find your blog and lead customers and prospects to you.
8. Blogs create an organic, powerfully evolving user experience. The personal nature of a blog helps humanize you and your organization. People who like and connect with what you have to say, your thoughts, feelings and beliefs, will want you speaking to them about your offerings on a regular basis. You can post daily or even just twice a week and still create connection with prospects and customers.
7. Blogs build a stronger and more vibrant knowledge base. A blog can be an incredible tool for sharing information and expertise regularly. Kathleen Goodwin, CEO of iMakeNews, says business blogs “Can offer organizations a platform where information, data, and opinions can be shared and traded among employees, customers, partners, and prospects in a way previously impossible: a two-way, open exchange.”
6. Prospects are searching the web via search engines for everything, including deals and opportunities. No one listens anymore to sanitized marketing messages (which most of us have on our websites). A blog allows you to grow trust and credibility with your prospects by providing timely, important information that shows them why you are the one to choose over your competitors.
5. You can develop yourself as the thought leader in your industry. If you know the best strategies for blogging, you will be able to grow your thought leadership exponentially. Just as with any amount of practice, the more you blog and know about blogs, the better you will be at it and, in doing so, you will become one of the top people in your field.
Networlding. “You want to be the expert, the one people turn to for information. With today’s digital technology, you can create your own combination of magazine and talk show quality messages to highlight yourself on a blog.”
2. Blog posts are on the web forever. Remember when the only choice you had for marketing was either to send out expensive direct mail pieces, advertise in the newspaper or perhaps, even more costly, magazines? What was the shelf life of those marketing pieces—a day or, at best, a month? Now the investment of good content on a blog is forever, or at least as long as you decide to host the site.
1. If you aren’t out there, your competitors will be. As you wait to decide what to do about blogging your competitors are out there connecting with your prospect base, building their online blog content and repository and growing loyalty positions for business today and tomorrow. They are also taking the time to find out what your other competitors are up to and matching or beating yours and their offerings. GET ON THE BLOG TRAIN NOW!
Business Blog Consultants and Web 2.0 StrategistsWe are your Online Internet Marketing Business MD's, Michael Snell and Derrick Sorles! Welcome to our site! We prescribe Internet solutions that will "pull" new business and opportunities to you.
Our emphasis is on helping clients accelerate Web traffic and Internet visibility using a combination of Web 2.0 strategies, internet marketing, new media ~ social networking and cutting-edge blogging best practices to exponentially grow their "Web Presence.". We provide business blog consulting and comprehensive Web 2.0 strategies for new online business opportunities. We conceptualize marketing and social media strategies for the continuous development of our clients.
Is your website a glorified business card? Are you even being "found" by search engines? We specialize in strategic planning and implementation around leveraging the endless opportunities to take your business to the next level via Web 2.0.
Increase exposure for you and your company while establishing your organization as the "experts" in your industry. Blogs and most Web 2.0 tools are the most misunderstood and under-utilized marketing resources out there.
Be in the know! The cheese is being moved ALL THE TIME! We are focused at present on business development strategies, complete Internet marketing and Web 2.0 strategies for clients utilizing new technologies (blogs, podcast, video podcast) and other social media and new media networks to drive their web traffic, facilitate online communities and conversations and build a "business celebrity" web presence.
DON'T GET TAKEN! We are experts and have the data to prove it. We have many satisfied clients that will tell you our systems WORK!
We coach clients on understanding the impact of these new technologies to their business and the importance of first mover advantage and SEO ~ organic keyword search discovery over their competitors. Our goal is to get clients to come up on top in an organic search listing for their respective search terms like "BEST FLORIST CHICAGO" or "CHICAGO FINANCIAL EXPERTS" or "HEALTH AND WELLNESS EXPERT."
We have helped many clients get on Google Page 1 organically, and have demonstrated success stories and case studies available for review. Since 2005, we have logged over 20,000 hours of Internet work and research. Our sites are in the top 1% of all blog sites worldwide. On the Web, it doesn't only matter how good you are at what you do-its how many people know about it and can find you through search.
Let us put our expertise to work for you! We can be your mentor. We have BEEN THERE and DONE THAT. We can guide you because we know the terrain, the pitfalls and the challenges. We know what to do - and more importantly, what NOT to do! We can save you valuable time and teach you what we have already learned and figured out.
We utilize this "blog" as a marketing tool and do not post to it regularly. It serves as our marketing brochure. Please visit the blogroll links below to see our most active sites!
Contact us at (773)878-5323
Visit Our Business Blogging and Web 2.0 Strategies BlogWe utilize this "blog" as a marketing tool and do not post to it daily or weekly - only as we find articles that pertain to the benefits of the services we offer.
It serves as a "website" and as our "marketing brochure".
Our main blog is
Business Blogging Tips
Clients/Blogs We Are Working With…
Blogs We Read & Recommend
GoDaddy The #1 Place For Domains and Hosting
Mercy For Animals
Copyright 2007-2014This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
Blog Development Consulting Provided by Michael Snell and Derrick Sorles ~ YourBusinessMD's